The Imani Treatment Centre team is truly exceptional. Not only do they share years of world-class training and experience between them, they are just as compassionate as they are knowledgeable. At Imani we understand that everyone is unique, and work together to provide the right treatment plan for each client. Below is a brief look at some of the holistic therapies we utilise as part of our treatment.
'Imani’s love, care and support, not just during treatment but in the months after, has allowed me to accomplish my biggest achievement in life today...'
- Schema Therapy helps clients to examine and challenge their deep-seated beliefs, and how these beliefs affect their daily lives. Read more...
- Dialectical Behavioural Therapy provides clients with skills to manage relationships, deal with conflict and handle painful emotions. Read more...
- Trauma Debriefing enables people to process and reflect on the impact of traumatic life events.
- Tension and Trauma Releasing Exercises, often referred to as TRE, allows the body to release the tension it has stored as a result of trauma or chronic stress thus facilitating physical and emotional healing. Read more...
- Art Therapy uses creative techniques such as painting and drawing to allow clients to explore difficult psychological issues.
- Individual Counselling allows clients to receive support and guidance as they deal with personal issues and challenges.
- Therapeutic Groups harness the power of relating to others in similar situations and enable peer-led healing.
- Focus Groups are safe, non-judgemental spaces that help people to examine and deal with specific issues, such as body dysmorphia, and events.
- Goals Groups are a practical way for clients to reflect on current life issues and what they should do about them, while being challenged on old behaviour by a caring, recovery-based community.
- Eating Disorder Support Group allows individuals in and out of treatment to connect and support each other as they learn to live with an eating disorder and strive for recovery.
- Nutritional Counselling, for individuals and in groups, explains nutritional concepts and helps to begin the process of rebuilding a healthy relationship with food.
- Stepwork Groups are dedicated times that give clients the opportunity to work on their own stepwork, in a supportive community environment.
- Attendance of 12-Step Meetings allows for connection with the fellowship of individuals who are using the 12 Steps to come into and stay in recovery. Read more...
- Shares are given by people who are successfully maintaining their recovery, to show that it is challenging but possible.
- Spirituality Practices encompass mindfulness, meditation and other means of inward reflection.
- Biodanza uses positive thinking, music and movement to deepen self-awareness and encourage self-development. Read more...
- Creative Expression is a time for reconnection with creative parts of the self that have been neglected through acting out on an eating disorder.
- Volunteer Work is a way for clients to help others, learning or rediscovering the satisfaction of helping others. Read more...
- Family Programme is a time for family members to meet with the counselling team, getting support and learning how to give it to the eating disordered individual.
- Monitored Exercise, including Yoga and walking, re-emphasises the life-affirming aspects of movement and helps loosen obsessions on counting calories.
- Relapse Prevention, Discharge Planning and Aftercare supports and empowers clients to continue their recover and personal growth once they leave treatment.