Family Support Groups
Monthly family support groups at Imani
Ilana Hunter will be facilitating monthly family support groups at Imani.
Family involvement is vital to our program. Families have numerous opportunities to participate in their loved ones treatment including family therapy, visitation and day passes and individual therapeutic family meals.
Our family groups are designed to assist the family with the change needed for both the sufferer as well as the family.
- Developing a deeper understanding of an eating disorder and the challenges that the family face.
- Check in on current problems /Sharing of small victories made.
- Sharing of available additional resources if wanted eg Family course run in Kenilworth on addiction/Recovery bookshop.
- Depending on the group and its needs – art/writing processes on codependency issues and communication.
The last Saturday morning of the month
Time: 11.00 – 12.15pm
Who: Ilana Hunter
Sharing of recovery stories from families who have a loved one in good recovery.
Ilana has worked therapeutically with children, adolescents and adults over the past 25 years.
- She has a specialized in Art Process work.
- She is a mother of 2 adult children, and has walked a personal path of recovery in finding how to live with, and best support a family members’ recovery from an eating disorder.
- She is a Therapeutic Art Facilitator and Trainer, having run numerous short courses and facilitator trainings in Cape Town. www.bridgingpolarities.co.za
- She has found sharing in a group setting to be the most valuable means of gaining perspective and finding strength.
Please let us know if you would be interested in having this additional support.